Back in Philadelphia

One of my first trips in the new summer season at the Cape led me to my favourite village. Philadelphia is truly all about friendliness and even friendship. The old Cape Dutch church and the white washed houses in a grove in the midst of deep yellow grain and canola fields exude peacefulness and spell gentle country living. With all the yellow, bright blue and stark white around me I opted for a bold colour and put on my newly acquired tomato red jacket.

I cought up with my dear friend Alta the general dealer, post master and heart and soul of the village. On her stoep / porch I watched the villagers passing by and munched one of her tasty pastries filled with venison and washed it down with her homemade ginger beer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

Finis Terrae

South African-French Christmas