Main-hattan Transfer by Five - Haute Lecture

My days in Frankfurt coincided with the Frankfurter Buchmesse, the largest international book fair worldwide. Thus, it seemed appropriate to spend my first morning at my favourite bookshop Weltenleser  indulging in literature from Georgia.

This small country at the crossroads of Europe and Asia was the guest of honour at the book fair and had brought to Frankfurt a plethora of exhibitions and other events besides their beautiful pavillon at the fair grounds. Their intriguing scripture and their rich treasure of ancient gold took centre stage.




No stay in Frankfurt is complete without spending Germany's greatest poet a visit. Goethe spent his childhood in his father's house in the old town centre. The large 18th century house of the wealthy and influential citizen is the greatest tourism hot spot in town. I duly renewed my love affair with Goethe and his poems (see my post of March 6, 2018) in his home town.
I thought my outfit should blend in with the cheerful colours of exotic Georgia and chose a turquoise leather skirt matching a printed silk blouse from a boutique in Cannes at the Cote d'Azur and contrasting with my yellow blazer and olive green fake suede mules from Nina shoes.

© Büchergilde Gutenberg
My dedication to fashion equates to my passion for literature. The flyer Haute Lecture I found at the book fair seemed to have been invented for me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae