White Meets Brown




I do like black and white for autumn and winter albeit on a bright summer day the contrast can be a bit harsh. On those days I had rather combine white with brown.  The necklace of unpolished amber is adding just that bit of colour to the French skirt and jacket with the poetic name Le Blé en Herbe to break up the strict white and brown.

I happened to see the necklace in the shop window of a jeweller on a harsh winter morning in Vilnius when I was eager to escape from the cold to the light and warmth of a shop. Amber is found everywhere around the Baltic sea. The brooches I found in a shop in Krakov when I visited my elder daughter during her semester at the famous Polish university and the fake tortoise shell handbag is proudly South African.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

Finis Terrae

South African-French Christmas