Winter Accessory Stories - 2

The embroidered pouch, the petit point bag and the silk gloves are cherished fashion items from my mother and grandmother. Used sparingly with a modern outfit there is still place for these heirloons.


My belts are a  mix as happy as it is incoherent.











For the lilac belt made of crocodile leather I spent the greater part of my first salary on a new job when I was young and a spendthrift. It happens to match the pouch of the same colour from Argentina, I acquired much later in that eldorado for leather lovers.

Shoes get a whole new meaning depending on where to wear them, for outdoors, for indoors, and for those late night outings. So, just one or two pairs of black ones won't do. However, I am neither Imelda Marcos nor Grace Mugabe. My shoes are still fitting into my wardrobe albeit I have to admit shoes can become addictive. Here they crowd my water lily basin’s rim to be in the lime light.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae