Main-hattan Transfer by Five - Paternoster

From the bookshop Weltenleser to my favourite place for an aperitif it is just a short walk. Sipping one of Fleming's inventive, colourful cocktails on their terrace overlooking the sky line of the city in the background and the historic city gate Eschenheimer Tor near by is sheer joy.

The modernist hotel has an imposig marble staircase, but we never use the stairs. Sliding to the top floor in their working paternoster is greatly adding to the fun of the Fleming's.

Memories of my childhood years when I used to meet my mother at her office building in the centre of Berlin are coming to my mind. I always was late, because I went up and down the paternoster, up and down...

 Many an American film of that time had the stars meeting by chance in a paternoster. Right across the Fleming and the city gate is the modern version of a cinema in its hay days. The multiplex Metropolis is citing just that bit of past glamour that makes it interesting without being outdated.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae