Main-hattan Transfer by Five - Commerce & Art

I spent a couple of lovely golden autumn days in Frankfurt where my two daughters are living. The European banking capital surprises me every time I am visiting. I love to stroll along the river, to get immersed in the busy streets of downtown Main-hattan or to watch the mostly Asian tourists taking pictures of the medieval town centre. Hardly any other European town of this size can boast of such a concentration of high rises, while preserving the heritage of an old market place. Smart young bankers rub shoulders with newly arrived Eastern Euopean immigrants and tourists from China and Japan.

© Oper Frankfurt
On my first evening my daughter had invited me to Antonin Dvorak's opera Rusalka. I put on a smart dress from Promod and my daughter's golden scarf. Happily, I indulged in the longing call of the French horn and the silvery drops of the harp evoking the romantic scenery of the water nymph's tragic love for her prince. Her aria to the moon was captivating.

Frankfurt's modern opera house is right in front of the huge Euro sign symbolizing Frankfurt's special mix of commerce & art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

Finis Terrae

South African-French Christmas