Eastern Comfort




When in Hongkong do as the people from Hongkong do. That’s what I thought. So, first thing I bought a couple of ample jackets, silk, cotton, flowery, in subdued colours, whatever. And I went to a tea house to taste fragrant Chinese tea. No, I was not ashamed to behave like a silly tourist. I got that Eastern feel I had longed for. 

I didn’t care that hardly any fashionable young Hongkong lady does wear these heirlooms any more. They may remind them of their grandmothers’ attire. That’s why one finds most of them at vintage shops. 


 New ones are the asymetric black jacket from Taipeh and the black and pink from KL. 

The latter softens the boyish look of my flanell bermudas from Comptoir des Cottoniers. 

I just like the comfort of those ample jackets so much. Any boring black pant gets a new life combined with a lovely Chinese top. Try it.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

Finis Terrae

South African-French Christmas