Summer White





The classic white linen dress seems to hint at lazy days on a promenade at the Mediterranean coast sipping a fruit sorbet and admiring the yachts in the harbour. Instead orang-utangs climbing the trees of the rainforest are coming to my mind. I bought the dress at Mango’s in Kota Kinabalu on Malaysian Borneo of all places.                                                                                                         





Shopping may be globalized  but my memories are not. I can still feel the sticky heat on my arms, smell the scent of the spices wafting from the stalls at the road side and see the passing Malaysian women in their elegant sarongs. Happily, we still have to go places to experience the world. The internet is no substitute.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

Finis Terrae

South African-French Christmas