Lazy Afternoon

My predilection for the French label and store Naf Naf is evident. They offer unassuming ware with chic and have a great variation of styles on display. The best of all there is a shop in Marmande the small town famous for their special crop of tomatoes not too far from where I am living part of the year. In season the markets in and around Marmande are a paradise for tomato lovers. The fruits come in all sizes and shapes from golden yellow to nearly black. I use to make tomato sauce from the big fat coeur de boeuf, delicious!

One sunny afternoon in late summer I searched for pants in Marmande’s signature colour tomato red. Shame, they were gone, but the shop attendant showed me the same becoming cut in khaki, soft fabric, frills and a bow, somewhat different from my usual pants. The subdued colour suited better to early autumn, anyway. I found a matching blouse cum shawl on the same street in the old town crammed with boutiques and happily went home for a lazy afternoon on the veranda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae