Forever New




Who would not like to be 'Forever New'. The name of that clothing chain store suggest that you are always up to date at least fashion wise. Is it Australian or Indian or South African? Who cares. I came across their store at the Tygervalley Centre in Durbanville. It first attracted me because of the similarity with Forever 21 which I had encountered in Tokyo’s fashion district Omotesandō recommended to me by my Swiss friend’s designer son who uses to buy silks in the side lanes. The name of the shop brought a nostalgic smile onto my face. I certainly cannot claim to belong to their target group at least not until eternal youth will be invented. Forever New enticed me to have a look, though. Even at 80+ you could connect. There will always be a bright new day. That’s what the French daily Le Figaro is suggesting every Monday in their fashion column Neuf comme un lundi / New Like a Monday.



My new look had to be light blue like the sky on a sunny morning. I chose a swinging striped skirt, a soft white blouse and matched it with my pastel blue jacket and a pair of fake snake skin mules I found in a factory outlet of another mall in Cape Town. Miraculously they are of the same sky blue. Off I went, forever new from tip to toe.


Every girl is new every day in Tokio's fashion district.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae