My Favourite French Couturier





I had the privilege to take part in a defilee where I showed his work with the dress he had designed and made for me to My small town in the French countryside is richly dotted with artesanat. There is no exact translation for this French term embracing everything professionally and artfully made by hand.

One of them is young couturier Romain Courret. A couple of years ago he came from the big city Bordeaux where he had learned his craft at the opera house. He installed his own atelier and never looked back. Clients keep coming in flocks. He is the most inventive designer I have ever met.

order. For years I had kept a piece of soft silk from a Chinese shop on Mauritius. Romain combined the pistachio silk with a flowery fabric of his own to great effect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae