Elzabé’s Girls

At my favourite art gallery  Rust-en-Vrede in Cape Town' s Northern Suburbs I saw a painting of a bold young woman looking at me as if to say Here I am. What's the price of the world? I bought it on the spot.

At the vernissage I was lucky to meet the artist. Elzabé Kritzinger invited me to her studio in Hout Bay and I had the privilege to see the bulk of her art work. She mainly paints women. I paged through her paintings and dozens of young girls, old women, black women, white women emerged. A fascinating female world. One of them found a home next to her sister in my apartment. They are greeting me and making me glad every time I enter my lounge. Two more took over my bedroom.


Some others are populating the internet art platform of saatchiart. Do have a look. My black-and-white jacket from Foschini is contrasting Elzabé’s jouyful colours. Her girls are to occupy centre stage.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About

South African-French Christmas

Finis Terrae